On November 16, 2021, the Course on Hate crimes was started. It was promoted by the Scuola di Perfezionamento per le Forze di Polizia (Interagency Law Enforcement Academy of Advanced Studies) with the partnership of the Rome-based La Sapienza University as well as OSCAD (Observatory for Security against acts of discrimination) attached to the Central Directorate of Criminal Police – DCPC. The Course was financed by the EU Agency for the Training of Police Forces (CEPOL). This training activity, attended by 26 Senior Police Officers/Officials from the EU Member States, has been scheduled to be delivered until November 19, 2021.
This event was opened with a welcome speech by the Academy Director, Carabinieri Corps Major General Giuseppe La Gala, as well as by the President of the Faculty of Political Sciences, Sociology and Communications, Tito Marci. Then, a video-message by Prefetto Vittorio Rizzi, Criminal Police Central Director, Deputy Director General of Public Security Department, was broadcasted.
This Course is aimed at strenghtening police response to hate crimes in general as well as to online hate speech, which represent specific forms of criminal activity including peculiar social and psichological motivations.cifica di delinquenza avente peculiari motivazioni sociali e psicologiche.
In particular, the training activity has been based on the following topics:
- definition and legal regulation of hate crimes, also online hate crimes in the European Union;
- the appropriate police measures for an effective prevention activity, detection and fight against hate crimes;
- the involvement of civil society organizations in the fight against hate crimes and in supporting the victims;
- techniques and instruments to counter online hate crimes;
- the multidisciplinary cooperation between police forces and civil society, with the purpose of implementing innovative strategies aimed at preventing and reducing the spreading of hate crimes.
Some links related to movies concerning the most important moments of the training activities are provided for herewith.
1° Day https://youtu.be/iz8aj5MggFA
2° DAY https://youtu.be/0BGcdWFaC8U
3° Day https://youtu.be/uZJfyxq2uhc
4° Day https://youtu.be/cC4ahlPMTrc